Parent Informational Meeting
- Parent Informational Meeting
- 8/24/2021, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Centennial Middle School 2650 W. 20th Street Yuma, AZ 85364
In previous communications, we’ve informed you about the potential adoption of a sex education program available from the Yuma County Health Department. As part of their regular board meeting on August 10, 2021, the Crane Governing Board conducted a public hearing to provide interested stakeholders the opportunity to voice their opinions, questions, and concerns. Another public hearing will take place at the September 14th governing board meeting as part of our district’s due diligence to comply with a 60-day review period required before the governing board will consider adoption of the program. If adopted, this program would only be offered to 8th grade students.
Parent input and feedback is an essential component in the decision to adopt the sex education program. Aside from the public forum during governing board meetings, the Crane District will hold a parent informational meeting at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at Centennial Middle School (2650 W. 20th Street, Yuma, AZ). Parents are invited to join a question and answer session and speak to the Yuma County Health District team leading the proposed program.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WYMAN CURRICULUM
- To see developer’s website and information: https://wymancenter.org/
- To see the digital copy of the Wyman Curriculum, you must create a login & password: https://view.protectedpdf.com/portal/wymancenter
- Please note the Facilitators Guide (Grey Book) will be displayed but it is not a part of the curriculum.
- For questions: please call Gloria Coronado (928) 317-4580